How to Choose the Right Plumbing Fixtures for Your Home
When choosing the right plumbing fixtures for your home, it’s essential to think about the way they look – but also their functionality and compatibility.
You’re not a plumber. How are you supposed to know which fixtures are the right fit?
Keep reading to learn how to choose the right plumbing fixtures for your home when working on a renovation or construction project. Let’s start with the basics.
What Are Plumbing Fixtures?
Many different types of plumbing fixtures cover a wide range of functions. Here are the plumbing fixtures to know about:
• Water and gas distribution – these fixtures are responsible for distributing clean water and natural gas for heating, cooking, drinking, washing, and sanitation around your home.
• Functional and aesthetic elements – probably the most ‘fun’ part of choosing plumbing fixtures for your home; these fixtures are the parts of your plumbing system you’ll see every day. Aesthetic elements include sinks, faucets, showers, bathtubs, toilets, bidets, and garbage disposals.
• Waste management – the drains in your plumbing system are the fixtures responsible for managing waste. Sinks, urinals, toilets, and showers have drains to dispose of dirty and used water.
Innovations In Plumbing Fixtures
What are some of the innovations and new technologies for plumbing fixtures? Let’s take a look.
You’ll see many different styles and accents when choosing your aesthetic plumbing fixtures. Different materials, colours, and sizes will be available to attain your desired bathroom or kitchen aesthetic. Whether for a more modern or classic look, you can refresh your space with trendy fixtures.
When choosing plumbing fixtures, you should look for technological advancements such as water-saving features. Some other innovations to look for include temperature control, smart connectivity, and touchless operation. Using these advanced plumbing technologies, you can have more efficient, convenient, and sustainable plumbing.
Considerations When Choosing Plumbing Fixtures
Now you know what plumbing fixtures are and some of the innovations to look out for, let’s discuss the top considerations when choosing plumbing fixtures for your home.
● Budget – you’ll need to understand your budget before beginning any renovation or making any changes to your plumbing. Fixtures like bathtubs can be pretty expensive, so knowing your budget will help you narrow down the selection early on.
● Aesthetic – you should choose fixtures that mesh well with the existing aesthetic of your home. Define whether you’d like modern, industrial, minimalist or classic designs. Use Pinterest to help you if you get stuck!
● Function – what’s the intended purpose of the fixture? Ensure your faucets offer water flow control, showerheads have adjustable settings, and toilets have efficient flushing mechanisms.
● Quality – with such an expensive investment, you want it to last. Choose quality fixtures for your bathroom that won’t need replacing in 6 months due to excessive wear and tear.
● Maintenance – consider whether the fixtures are too fussy and might be challenging to keep clean. After all, your new bathroom won’t look good if it’s covered in limescale and rust.
● Water efficiency – are you trying to go green? Your bathroom fixtures can help you to conserve water, so choose a water-conserving option for more sustainable plumbing.
Call Caldwell Plumbing To Fit Your New Plumbing Fixtures!
Choosing aesthetic and functional plumbing fixtures can be a lot of fun – just leave the boring inner workings of your plumbing system to a professional.
By making the considerations listed above, you can ensure all of your new plumbing features are in your price range and aligned with your vision.
Designing your new bathroom or kitchen? Contact us at Caldwell Plumbing! We can help you create your dream plumbing system with all the features you need – without going over your budget.